GRRRL – OUR WHY….
We exist to empower women to share their experiences and to come together as one to make the world a better place.
We will do that by fighting to remove the barriers that get in the way of women realising their potential.
WHY WE BELIEVE….
We believe our world is in the state it’s in…. simply because women don’t have anywhere near a big enough say in how shit happens.
We exist to unite women, to empower women, to provide ways for women to connect and share their experiences, to re-energize women and in doing so, we believe we will create a better planet.
Not because we are anything extraordinary. But because the women that want to be a part of our movement ARE completely extraordinary.
Our clothes will not change the world. But the women who wear them, will.
There is no doubt in our minds that the world needs a much stronger female influence.
We live in a crazy world, where on the one hand women are being sold as sex slaves, and not allowed access to education in some developing countries…..
And on the other, so-called developed countries are conditioning women on the ideology that sex sells, and an education is useless….
Women are just too busy trying to merely survive. Forever trying to find a way to be “good enough”.
But we have so much more to offer than that.
The world is sadly lacking our capabilities for nurturing and caring, for compassion and love.
To be their best women need to be free from the things that hold them back. So our role as GRRRL is to work tirelessly to remove the barriers that prevent the women who have the power to change the world… from changing the world. So we will fight to break the cycle of competition, smash the fake realities of photoshop, break down the realities of discrimination, kick open the doors that exclude women on the grounds of color, beliefs, body type, ability or sexuality and provide an environment for women to realise their potential and help the world move into a new age. An age where acceptance and non-judgment is the new black, and Sisterhood is the new reality.
WE ARE GRRRL: IT'S TIME TO CHANGE THE GAME
Here are the promises we make to our customers and society, that we want to be held accountable for:
- We stand to celebrate, admire and appreciate ALL body types. We stand to erase the dogma that our worth is equated to our exterior. And, that being anything other than a size extra small is an abnormality.
- We vow to employ honesty in our advertising and allow our models the option of wearing makeup or wearing their soul. It’s their choice not ours. It is our STRONG belief that a woman has 100% of the decision making power over how she looks.
- We will NEVER ever photoshop images of our athletes or models in our advertising or on our website. Whilst we may photoshop a tag sticking out or put a logo on a background – we will NEVER EVER airbrush, photoshop or otherwise manipulate what other companies and media outlets see as “imperfections”. Women are perfection already. Period. We believe women have more important things to worry about than conforming to media stereotypes of what they should or should NOT look like. For too long the fashion industry has misled women about how other women look. Our athletes come from all walks of life and represent everything that is powerful and amazing about female beauty. And we will never resort to using computer programs to make them look different, just so we can sell a few more T shirts or pairs of pants.
- We are GRRRL: Independent. Strong. And sometimes borderline aggressive. May you hear the GRRR in our name, and undoubtedly know that this is our force by nature: To protect and attack for our pack. Our hood. Sometimes our language might get a bit passionate or offensive to some people. Just because we care so much. (But we do have a swear jar. And for every GRRRL that complains about our language we will give $5 to our two charity beneficiaries the Butterfly Foundation and the Succeed Foundation).
- We are for the GRRRL Sisterhood: All for one and one for all. We will raise up and celebrate everything great about being a woman, and use our position not just to celebrate the great things but to also make a difference in the world.
For 2 years it’s been about us: and it’s not ABOUT US.
Don’t get me wrong… the beginning it was JUST us.. and we had no idea if anyone would join us on our journey…. Let alone tens of thousands of the most incredible women on earth.
Women of every color, shape, belief and ability.
We never envisaged that we would change the world. Or that our clothing would change the world. But the tens of thousands of incredible women who wear our clothing, will.
SO we have re-evaluated our role and what we can do to create the change we all want to see in the world. And that is to provide our grrrls, our sisters with the tools and the platforms to tell your stories, to connect and to come together to make a change.
SO this year we will be creating new ways for you to share your message, because we believe in the power of women to change this world. We believe that if the female energy isn’t lifted up, we are doomed as a human race. We’ve always believed that. That is the basis of our Mission.
As you know our clothing won’t change the world. It’s great value and in most cases does a good job. But THIS is simply the flag we fly. While our clothing may not change the world, the women, YOU, who wear it, WILL.
We see our place as finding a way to help you share and connect and empower… but also to remove the barriers that stop you as women and as sisters from realising your potential… the things that are put in our way…. So we will continue to fight the fight to help smash those barriers that have stopped women before us…. We refuse to use photoshop. We fight for gender equality. Girls can do anything boys can do and often better. Supporting all body types, colors, beliefs and abilities.
We will continue to do those things that support this platform. Most importantly strengthening the sisterhood, and breaking the cycle of competition. Creating and leveraging the grrrlarmy, but ultimately it’s not about us- it’s about you.
Platform to tell your story but to also bring you together collectively with other likeminded women across the globe who are tired of the self hatred towards our bodies. Who are tired of the abusive relationships. Who are tired of not finding your voice. Who are tired of not speaking up and not speaking out. Who are tired of wearing a mask.
To bring together an army of women to fight for each other, like family, to collectively create a world where women are free and liberated to be their best versions of themselves. Regardless of ethnicity, body type, beliefs, religion or abilities.
Providing women opportunities to be connected and provide a platform for each and every one of them to use their personal experience as a means to empower other women and liberate future generations.
We will do that in a number of ways
*GRRRLARMY – an online community where women across the globe can network with others in their sport or passion, and build local groups/relationships where they organise and gather regularly to share their experiences, teach each other new skills, find ways to reach their potentiak, and feel unconditional love and connection. In this community women can share their story and find others who have been or are going through similar situations, knowing that they are not alone, and to share powerful tools and information with each other to find support and recovery.
*GRRRL Live – an annual event where women come together globally to learn tools to empower the lives of themselves, their communities and their families. A springboard to elicit radical change.
*GRRRL Partners – partnering with strategic charities to help bring change through specific communities. (NEDA, BTSDV)
*GRRRL Factories– Strategic planning to open factories in developing world countries to employ and empower women of all backgrounds with good paying wages, and giving them pathways out of unpalatable alternatives.
*GRRRL Media– Employing honest advertising that represents all body types in fashion without the use of photoshop or airbrushing, and with no bias to ethnicity, background, belief or ability.